My peach cobbler
Peaches from Georgia and Zinnia flowers in fool bloom, many colors! What can be better for a mid summer time...In Florida, were we live now, or in New England, is the best time for fruit cobbler!!
This is one of the American desert, that I embrace immediately.... I tried many recipes to get the one that I think is the best one, and I find THIS MASTER OF COBBLER RECIPES in "COOK ILLUSTRATED", 2006.
Pam Anderson & Karen Tack tried and tried different recipes
(as myself), tried different ovens, tried different pans and
they came up with this perfect compendium in 2006, COOK
- Add butter, with pulses. Add shortening.
- Add 2tbs water, must be dough. If it is not add 1tbs water.
- Place dough on a sheet of plastic wrap and press to make a round/square shape.
- Refrigerate, until you prepare fruit.
- Place dough on top of fruit.
- Brush dough with milk, and sprinkle with sugar. Cut few shape, for vent.
- Bake (375F) for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, scoring the crust long and cross wide to form 2’ sq.
- Using a large spatula, press the partially baked crust, down into fruit. Continue to bake until crust is golden, 15-20 minutes more.