- Preheat oven 350F
Tuesday, February 25, 2020
Edible Education Experience operating the Emeril Lagasse Foundation Kitchen House & Culinary Garden, Orlando, FL.
One of school trip for few advanced kids in Oliver's School was today at "Kitchen House and Culinary Garden". Oliver invited me to go as a chaperon.
The program started in the garden, where they learned a lot about culinary plants, they learn that each culture use different specific plans and they have a great discussion about cotton plants and waving, speaking about FEBRUARY being African American History Month.
They pick dill and they went to kitchen, to cook.
ORANGE SWEET POTATOES
(modified from The New Soul Food)
for 20 persons:
11 medium oranges, unpeeled
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup evaporated coconut milk (or coconut cram)
3 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon salt
6 cups cooked sweet potatoes, mushed
2. in a small bowl collect orange zest (grating one whole orange).
3.Cut the remaining oranges in half, scoop out the pulp, and place in a strainer. Sprinkle with brown sugar and set aside.
4. Lay each emptied orange half out on a cookie sheet.
5. Melt the milk, butter, salt and vanilla together. Pour into the mashed sweet potatoes and combine well.
6. Roughly chop the orange pulp from strainer, into tiny bits. Slowly add to sweet potato mash, tasting frequently, make sure the orange flavor does not overpower the sweet potato flavor.
7. Stuff each of the 12 shells with 1/2 cup of sweet potato mix, sprinkle with grated orange peel and bake for 30 minutes.
8. Garnish with ground nutmeg.
Edible Education Experience operating the Emeril Lagasse Foundation Kitchen House & Culinary Garden, Orlando, FL. O ne...
https://www.bbc.com/food/recipes/strawberry_mousse_cake_69827 This is a recipe I found from PIES AND PUDS by Paul Hollywood. I...
Ingredients: MODIFIED from BBC Paul Hollywood, “strawberry mousse cake”. https://www.bbc.com/food/recipes/strawberry_mous...
HEDGEHOG CAKE, a little bit scary, a little bit thrilling. This is the cake my mother used for our b-day, and I remember ...