Sunday, September 4, 2016
This is a vegetarian dish I learn first from a french video, and I was amazed how wonderful arrangement for a similar dish we (Romanian) often make. I found many numerous variation, from few vegetables to many (ratatouille) arranged in the same manner…
I love the look of it and I love the taste.
I learn that TIAN is a pot.
"It is an earthenware vessel in Provence used both for cooking and serving. It is also the name of the dish prepared in it and baked in an oven.
Tian can be described as a gratin in the Provençal style".(Wikipedia,)
There are many english recipe of "eggplant tian" and I made a mix of them as fit my cooking style.
From the french video I took the ingredients:
• 2 pounds ripe, firm tomatoes, sliced thin
• 1 red torpedo onion, sliced thin
• ½ to ¾ pound zucchini, preferably mixed green and yellow, sliced thin (OPTIONAL)
• 1 long, thin eggplant, sliced thin
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
• ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
• 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, plus a few sprigs
• 2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, plus a few sprigsfew whole garlic cloves
TRANSLATED BY ME, IN ENGLISH, FROM THIS GREAT ROMANIAN BLOG: https://pofta-buna.com/tort-diplomat-reteta-veche/ I was lookin...
The first time I had hummus, I love it! 30 years ago (1987) new to this coun...
Puff pastry dough is a very difficult dough, to make, it is labelled "FOR EXPERTS", to make. I am using a lot this dou...
I found this recipe in the ALEXANDRA COOKS blog, and the moment I read it, I knew it is a recipe I have to try. When it comes to br...