IngredientsServes 6 to 8
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 4 cups fresh slice3d peaches
- 1 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, creme fraiche, or ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large cast-iron skillet or ovenproof baking dish, in the oven, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the peaches.
- In another large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add 1 cup sugar, milk, and vanilla extract; mix until well combined. Remove skillet from oven and add melted butter to flour mixture; stir to combine. Pour mixture into skillet and pour blackberries and their juices into the center.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake until top is golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the batter comes out clean, about 1 hour. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature with whipped cream, creme fraiche, or ice cream.
My cooking, step by step: