- Mix flour, salt, sugar in food processor
- Add butter, with pulses. Add shortening.
- Add 2tbs water, must be dough. If it is not add 1tbs water.
- Place dough on a sheet of plastic wrap and press to make a round/square shape.
- Refrigerate, until you prepare fruit.
- Place dough on top of fruit.
- Brush dough with milk, and sprinkle with sugar. Cut few shape, for vent.
- Bake (375F) for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, scoring the crust long and cross wide to form 2’ sq.
- Using a large spatula, press the partially baked crust, down into fruit. Continue to bake until crust is golden,15-20 minutes more.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream!