Sunday, November 27, 2011

QUINOA MEDLEY, my daughter's finding.


My daughter cooked this recipe and she, and her family, was so exited, she wanted me to put it on my blog, pictures and all:

You can  use  this dish as a salad topping, stuffing for tomatoes/green peppers or serve it as a side dish.


Ingredients:
   
1 cup Quinoa
1 cup Black beans
1 cup Pinto beans
Sliced thin squash (1 medium)
 Half onion, chopped
Garlic
1 to 2 Red peppers, chopped
Baby spinach and/or spring green mixed
Parmesan cheese.





Directions:

               Bring 2 cups water to a boil in saucepan. Stir in quinoa, cover, and reduce heat to medium. Simmer 10 minutes.

 Add beans, squash, onion, garlic; season with salt and pepper.




 Cover, and cook 2 to 5 minutes more, or until quinoa is tender.

               Stir in parsley, parmesan cheese, oil and balsamic vinegar; if you prefer add any dressing I love: Annie's natural goddess dressing” serve it as a side dish. 





My son, Landen, said this was the best dinner ever. And we were very happy: we all ate a whole foods meal full of vitamins and healthy nutrients.

EGGPLANT FAN, ROUMANIAN, VINETE IMPANATE CU LEGUME

The first time I found this recipe was in a roumanian blog and I look around and around to find in english. When I told my neigh...