3 SCARY COOKIES FOR HALLOWEEN (#3)

HOT DOG  MUMMIES  (#3)




I found this recipe from "FOODISTA " and as we always do this hot dogs in puff pastry shets, I addopted , being easy for me.
Original recipe( follow) is with bread stick, bought from grocery's refrigerator and is as good as mine.

I buy the puff pastry sheets and one of the sheet I scored in long pieces, as long as is needed it to wrap the hot dog tight, to give an impression of  mummies.







Put some egg wash on them to have a brown baked color and bake them at 400F for about 20 minutes,maybe 25 minutes, to be nice and brown and fluffy.



Make some eyes with a little mustard and HAVE SCARY MUMMIES  FOR HALLOWEEN !






Hot Dog Mummies
Created by Sheri Wetherell   the Founder and Editor-in-Chief at Foodista.com



Ingredients
1 11-ounce can of refrigerator bread sticks
1 12-pack of all beef hot dogs
Yellow mustard


Preparation


1 For each mummy, separate one bread stick from the roll and slice it in half lengthwise to create two thinner strips.
2 Wrap one strip at a time snugly around the hot dog. Depending on the size of the hot dog, you may not need all of both strips. Leave about 1/2 inch of hot dog exposed for the face area and continue wrapping the top of the hot dog.
3 Bake the mummies on a cookie sheet at 350º for 15 to 18 minutes or until the bread stick wrapping is golden brown.
4 Remove the mummies from the oven and cool them for 5 minutes. Add yellow mustard eyes just before serving.

Comments

  1. Hello Ilibili,
    These look so cute and they would be fun to make with my grandchildren. Thanks for the recipe!

    You asked me a question in my comments section and I answered it in your email.

    I'm your newest follower!
    Rainey @ The Project Table

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARATA SUPER MUMIILE TALE.AM SA INCERC SI EU PENTRU CA SE FAC USOR SI SUNT SATIOASE.SUPER IDEE. ANDREEA

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT! I AM LOOKING FORWARD FOR YOUR IDEAS.. PLEASE if you sign as anonymous, PUT YOUR NAME AT THE END, at least I know who's comment is, ILI

Popular Posts