fresh BLUEBERIES TART, from my mother's garden












Today I went to my mother and she have a big line of blueberries, that she take care for some years now... She gave me a big basket, and I just remember this wonderful recipe:

 

Ingredients  

  FOR THE CRUST:

My note:I like puff pastry crust, you can make or buy any crust you like )

 

        1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for dusting
        1/3 cup sugar
        1/4 teaspoon salt
        8 tablespoons (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces


  • FOR THE FILLING

  • 6 cups (six 1/2-pint containers) fresh blueberries, rinsed and dried
  •  
  • My note:I found that you can use 2+2+2 different berries, blackberries and blueberries for the bottom, raspberries, always for the top
  •  
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
  •  
  • My note:I used a whole orange(organic) zest, it is more rewarding,
  •  
  • 3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • Pinch of salt    
 

Quantcast Directions

       Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

      1.TO MAKE THE DOUGH: In a food processor, combine flour, sugar, salt, 

       and butter; process until large moist crumbs form (dough should hold together

       when squeezed).

  1. Transfer dough to a 9-inch round tart pan with a removable bottom; with floured fingers, press evenly into bottom and up sides. Freeze until firm, about 15 minutes; prick bottom of dough all over with a fork. Bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes; cool completely.
  2. Meanwhile, reserve 1 cup of the prettiest berries for topping. In a medium saucepan, bring 1/4 cup water and 1 1/2 cups berries to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring occasionally, until berries begin to break down, 3 to 4 minutes.
  3. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water; stir into berries in pan. Add lemon zest and juice, sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, stirring, just until mixture begins to thicken, 30 to 60 seconds. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining 3 1/2 cups fresh berries. Immediately pour hot berry mixture into cooled tart shell, and smooth with a spatula.
  4. Scatter reserved berries on top, pressing down lightly to help them adhere. Refrigerate until cool, about 30 minutes and up to overnight. 


 My cooking pictures:
2 cups of blueberries, 1/3 sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, to boil a little



Mix 2 teaspoon cornstarch with water. Add to blueberry, in the pot.

 Add zest from one orange and 2 more fresh blueberries. 

 













Mix just a little all together, and poor as hot as is, on a baked pie shell (I like puff pasty, baked as a frame)



or you can make/buy a round tart shell





On top add 2 more cups of fresh berries. I love raspberries, but blueberry or blackberries are as good...as.














Add on top: raspberry or strawberry, or a mixer of them, just use your imagination!










Prep time: 35 minutes; From Martha Stewart "everyday food".

Comments

  1. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT! I AM LOOKING FORWARD FOR YOUR IDEAS...

    Hi, if you sign as anonymous, PLEASE PUT YOUR NAME AT THE END, at list I know who signed above!!!!

    I SPEAK ENGLISH, FRENCH AND ROMANIAN, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO POST IN ANY OF THESE LANGUAGES, ILI

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT! I AM LOOKING FORWARD FOR YOUR IDEAS.. PLEASE if you sign as anonymous, PUT YOUR NAME AT THE END, at least I know who's comment is, ILI

Popular Posts