As #1 post is very elaborate, long and full of details, I decided to put another short one, with step after step of the kneading, shaping and baking the sourdough bread.
The recipe: (it is done and we followed, by weight, not by volume)
1lb starter (=2 and 1/2 cups)
1lb and 5 oz. King Arthur UNBLEACHED, all-purpose flour (=5 and 1/4 cups)
3 oz. (=3/4 cup) King Arthur Whole Wheat flour
14 oz. (=1 and 3/4 cups) room temp water.
0.6 oz. (=2 and 1/2 teaspoon) salt
This are the steps (wrote by our teacher):
1. Weigh ingredients except salt and mix just until combined.
2. Rest 20 minutes, covered with plastic wrap.
Add salt and stir it in using the plastic white bowl scraper.
3.Turn the dough out on an un-floured surface and cut into small pieces (4 times).
4. Knead by using the slapping and stretching technique.
5. Let rest in a bowl for 1 1/2 hours, folding halfway through.
6. Divide and pre-shape (gentle rounding) dough.
7. Shape into loaves.
8. Allow to proof or have it's final rise until it has a marshmallow consistency. If the dough was at room temp this will take about 1 1/2 hours.
If the dough was cold from the refrigerator it will take up to 4 hours.
9. Slash the surface of the dough and bake.
My Note: This is an example of a perfectly made and baked round boule, versus an oval one : it was not deflated, or it was not slashed proportional, all around the surface; both are very tasty!