Sunday, June 26, 2011

MOTHER'S DAY - cooking with my grandson





"Mother's day" is here. I received a huge bucket of flowers from my daughter, son in law and my grandson. Such nice flowers! Tulips and dark blue iris. I spread them around the house, many vases, many  rooms, many flours!

I spend the day going with my mother to a wonderful museum, in Cambridge,/Harvard Museum of Natural History, I was interested to show my mother, just 2 rooms: the Glass Flower Museum, an amazing copy of all the herbs and trees, in glass, made over 2 generations of artists, in Germany, at the end of nineteen century. My mother was so surprised to see this splendor, she was really happy and interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PSmTMTO3Gs
I found a very good video at utube, enjoy!




In the evening I start cooking with my grandson, who is 3. He loves sweets and he knows that being around me in the kitchen is a very good thing FOR HIM!!




He helped me to make: “croissant aux chocolate" and after I baked, all of us, we had a nice evening with tea and croissant aux chocolate.

You can find my recipe and pictures here:

 A wonderful MOTHER'S DAY , 2011!





Thanks!!!

LINZER TART

As a child my mother would make this tart and she was very happy to tell us that is a very famous Austrian tart  named after the town...