EASTER, GREAK ORTHODOX, IN OUR FAMILY




Easter is a big tradition in our family. We go to church, Saturday midnight, and we come back home with the burning candle, to bring light in our house and in our life.

The spring is coming, a new life a new beginning. We never miss the Easter service.




 Traditional we have for the supper, after church service, (around one o clock in the morning) colored eggs, that we crack with each other, feta cheese, scallion, radish and cozonac (Romanian panettone) plain, or rolled with walnuts.





For desert, we have "pasca" which can be with cheese or chocolate. I always liked the chocolate one, and we use the same dough as for panettone. My grandmother used to make cozonac (panettone) from 10 kg flour, my mother used 3-4 kg flour when we were children. I remember being a child and my mother and my grandmother, kneading, baking in the kitchens for days, and they always have time to make for me and my brother, frayed donuts from the pantone dough... What happy days!!.





Comments

  1. Awesome!!! Exactly like I remeber...I can testify, it is all very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a lovely Easter as well spring has sprung to life, a new beginning has come, let the flowers bloom with the warmth of the sun. Come see me today for some delicious asiago loaf and siciliano bread baked with a baking stone from pampered chef.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a wonderful holiday!! Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HRISTOS A INVIAT! O MASA DE PASTI SUPER ,ASA CUM TREBUIE SA ARATE IN ORICE CASA

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT! I AM LOOKING FORWARD FOR YOUR IDEAS.. PLEASE if you sign as anonymous, PUT YOUR NAME AT THE END, at least I know who's comment is, ILI

Popular Posts