pin it

Saturday, February 27, 2010

bread baking challenge # 30 and #31 -, SOURDOUGH BREAD

NEW YORK STYLE- SOURDOUGH BREAD.




The rest of the "barm" that I received as a gift from Brandon, I used to do another bread challenge,  sourdough. This NEW YORK STYLE  is used for a wonderful sandwich, cold cuts, Italian, or my FAVORITE,  Reuben sandwich, with corn beef, and sauerkraut.

I added all the ingredients to 1cup "barm" and I used my favorite bread machine to knead and rise the dough.,

 I made a battard  shape, by pushing the margins and slowly roll it back  in the form of a loaf.

Leave to rise under the kitchen towel at room temp for 2-3 hours to be fluffy and nice shaped.

Once raised, I egg brushed, to have a nice brown color during baking. Baked at 350 for 40 minutes, until sound hallow, and became nice, shiny brown.
Add some cold cuts, mustard, olives and few greens, perfect NEW YORK style sandwich!