I have changed a little the amount of sugar and gelatin from Laura's recipe, to adept for my grandson needs and I made it 2 times to make sure it is good.... my grandson approved! that's it!!
- 7 tablespoons melted butter (100g)
- 2 cups any biscuit crumbs (200g)
- 4 lbs fresh apples ( about 3 lbs pealed and sliced) (1.8kg)
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 4 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons of raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 cups cream cheese(400g,Philadelphia, mascarpone, labneh)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (200ml)
- 1 lemon for zest
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- gelatin, one package (7g)
- for topping, Boby's Flay salted caramel sauce , (recipe follow)
9. During this time, the remaining one quarter of caramelized apples are passed with the hand blender until a fine mashed cream is obtained.
13. Pour this cream over the apple layer and place it in the refrigerator for overnight or at least 3 hours.
- Combine the sugar and ¼ cup cold water in a medium metal saucepan over high heat.
- Cook, without stirring or touching, until the sugar turns a deep amber color, 8 to 10 minutes.