father's day, 2010 - MASCARPONE PIE WITH SPRING BERRIES


Father's Day, June 20th, 2010


It took many years to make the holiday official.

The first observance of Father's Day is believed to have been held on June 19, 1910 through the efforts of Sonora Dodd of Spokane, WA. After listening to a church sermon at Spokane's Central Methodist Episcopal Church in 1909 about the newly recognized Mother's Day, Dodd felt strongly that fatherhood needed recognition, as well. She wanted a celebration that honored fathers like her own father, William Smart, a Civil War veteran.

In spite of support from the churches, Father's Day ran the risk of disappearing from the calendar. Where Mother's Day was met with enthusiasm, Father's Day was often met with laughter.

A bill to accord national recognition of the holiday was introduced in Congress in 1913. President Lyndon Johnson, in 1966, issued the first presidential proclamation honoring fathers, designating the third Sunday in June as Father's Day. Six years later, the day was made a permanent national holiday when President Richard Nixon signed it into law in 1972. (from Wikipedia)

 This is the time of the year for berries: blueberries, raspberries, blackberries.... and we just came back from a trip to Italy, Greece and Turkey and we had a wonderful "mirtille tart" =wild blueberry tart,.... in Rome....in June....



 I decided to come up with the recipe and many fruits to celebrate my husband, RADU, my brother, UINI, and my son in law, Jeremy.     We had such a good time in Italy, good food, good wine, singing in gondola, opera singing, and GELATTA!! How divine!

This is one the best recipe I can find with Italian mascarpone chese (country/cream cottage chese) and I try it for the "fathers day" 

MASCARPONE PIE WITH SPRING BERRIES: BLUEBERRIES AND RASPBERRIES



Ingrediants:


• 1 cup mascarpone cheese (about 8 ounces)

•  1pt well-chilled heavy cream whipped (or cool wiped)

• 1/4 cup sugar (if necessary)

• One egg (or one egg beater)

• 1 cup raspberries

• 1 cup blueberries

• 1 cup blackberries


Mix the mascarpone cheese, sugar, egg (optional) until, smooth and creamy, with a mixer blade.







Fold in the wiped cream, slowly, to be creamy and fluffy. 
The mixture is going to be soft, and creamy.



Spoon mixture into shell, spreading evenly.
Put in refrigerator for few hours, or until next day.




 Mound berries decoratively on mascarpone cream, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries.


Bone appétit!




 

Comments

  1. Brandon Perkins to me


    Hi ileana thank you for this email it was so nice of you to think of me. Tell your husband I said Happy Fathersday to him for me. keep on blogging I will have to catch up to you after the registry exam is over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, this looks AMAZING!!! I'm not much into desserts but I may just have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arata grozav,cred ca sotul tau s-a bucurat de cadoul facut de tine cu mare placere ,pentru ziua tatalui si cred ca a si savurat aroma prajiturii
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look amazing Ileana. So hopefully by becoming a regular reader I will finally learn how to cook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Hi Ileana! I started following your cooking blog! Great job with that. It made me hungry!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. This not only looks beautiful,but I had the privledge of tasting this at a baby shower Ili prepared it for. Yummy! Thanks Ili. Hope to prepare this at home soon. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT! I AM LOOKING FORWARD FOR YOUR IDEAS.. PLEASE if you sign as anonymous, PUT YOUR NAME AT THE END, at least I know who's comment is, ILI

Popular Posts