bread baking challenge # 30 and #31 -, SOURDOUGH BREAD

NEW YORK STYLE- SOURDOUGH BREAD.




For the rest of the "barm" that I received as a gift from Brandon, I used to do another bread challenge,  sourdough. This NEW YORK STYLE  is used for a wonderful sandwich, cold cuts, Italian, or my FAVORITE,  Reuben sandwich, with corn beef, and sauerkraut.

I added all the ingredients to 1cup "barm" and I used my favorite bread machine to knead and rise the dough.,

 I made a battard shape, by pushing the margins and slowly rolling it back in the form of a loaf.

Leave to rise under the kitchen towel at room temp for 2-3 hours to be fluffy and nicely shaped.


Once raised, I egg brushed, to have a nice brown color during baking. Baked at 350 for 40 minutes, until sound hallow, and became nice, shiny brown.
 

Add some cold cuts, mustard, olives, and a few greens, perfect New York-style sandwich!


Comments

Popular Posts