Georgian Khmeli Suneli Spice Mix – ხმელი სუნელი







KHMELI SUNELI - spice mix from Russian GEORGIA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-iTl86jC5s



I found this mix of spices by chance and as I have it almost all, I bought 2,3 more and made the powder.


This mixer was unexpectedly good, and I was surprised. I don't like curry and all Indian spices, as I am reading many recipes. This mixer is more in my region: Romanian, Turkish, Greek, and Italian, and this is why I like it to add to my food.


 I would add some cayenne pepper (as seen in the next recipe) bringing a little heat.




MY POWDER SPICE MIX (17 tablespoons)


4 TBLS (tablespoon) coriander seeds

2 TBLS fenugreek seeds

2 TBLS thyme (dry) 

2 TBLS marjoram (dry) =oregano

1 TBLS savory (dry)

1 TBLS mint (dry)

4 tsp (teaspoon) peppercorn black

2 tsp dill seeds

4 tsp celery seeds

4 tsp turmeric

1/2 tsp cinnamon = 3” cinnamon piece

2 tsp salt

6 bay leaves (dry)



ALL OF THEM GROUNDED BY COFFE GROUNDER. 













https://www.thefooddictator.com/

The Hirshon Georgian Khmeli Suneli Spice Mix – ხმელი სუნელი


INGREDIENTS ( use all dry herbs )

  •         4 tsp finely ground basil
  • 4 tsp finely ground parsley
  • 4 tsp finely ground dill
  • 4 tsp finely ground kindzi (coriander)  
  • 4 tsp finely ground spearmint
  • 4 tsp finely ground bay leaf
  • 4 tsp finely ground summer savory
  • 4 tsp finely ground Utskho Suneli, wild blue fenugreek (preferred), or substitute with regular ground fenugreek
  • 4 tsp finely ground marjoram
  • 2 tsp finely ground tarragon
  • 2 tsp finely ground zaprata (turmeric)
  • 2 tsp finely ground dzira (caraway ) 
  • 1 tsp. finely ground hyssop (optional but highly recommended)
  • 1 tsp finely ground dried Adzhika (cayenne )
  • 1/4 tsp finely ground celery seed

Comments

Popular Posts