GERMAN APPLE CAKE




I remember in Romania falls in  my childhood were full of apples, italian prunes, grapes and watermelons....
When Grapes were  available on fruit stands,,,, I knew fall is here and .....school will start soon! My mom use to make a lot of desert with apples, the one we  picked  from neighborhood orchards!
One of these deserts was apple cake that my mother always insisted that it is GERMAN apple cake....I was surprises to find in this blog/site KITCHME exactly named so!!!
Yesterday my grandson and I we made these recipe and everyone love it!

My NOTE! I added crumbled walnuts on half of the cake, I was not sure everybody like it!




Ingredients: (serves 24)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  •  1 cup white sugar  (not 2 cups as it is in the recipe)
  • 2 teaspoons (tsp) ground cinnamon
  • 12 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 4 cups apple, peeled, cored, and diced





Directions:


          Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). 
          Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch pan.
  • In a mixing bowl, beat oil and eggs with an electric mixer until creamy. 
  •   Add sugar and vanilla extract and beat well.


  • Combine flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon in a bowl
  • . Slowly add flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix until combined. The batter will be very thick.



  • Fold in apples by hand using a wooden spoon.
  • Spread batter into the prepared pan.






  • Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. 



  • Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar or with cream cheese frosting.


Comments

Popular Posts