EGGPLANT FAN, ROUMANIAN, VINETE IMPANATE CU LEGUME




The first time I found this recipe was in a roumanian blog and I look around and around to find in english. When I told my neighbor how is the recipe, she immediately told me to look for EGGPLANT FAN…. so this is how I get many, many variants of my roumanian recipe.
This is my recipe,  a combination of many recipes I found and it is suit me fine!!!

This is a very good utube video for directions:


Ingredients:

1 tomato
1 sweet pepper
1 eggplant medium
1 sweet onion
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
   salt
   pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
i cup marinara sauce of your choice.

I am adding ground meat, one pound. (optional)



Directions:

 I pealed eggplant,  cut half on long side. I cut each half as a fan. Make deep, thin  slices carefully not reaching the head of eggplant.
I cut thin slice of onion, tomato and  sweet pepper.
I stuff slices of onion, tomato and pepper in between the eggplant fan slices.





 I put some ground meat in-between eggplant slices, before I add cheese.

 Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

I add shredded mozzarella  and I noticed, in oven, mozzarella will become the glue which keep all together.

Add marinara sauce and cover with foil.

Bake covered, 350F for and hour.










NOTE:

 My neighbor who is italian sauté the ground meat on pan, discard the oil and add on top of eggplant , adding cheese on top.



Comments

Popular Posts