Sunday, September 4, 2016
This is a vegetarian dish I learn first from a french video, and I was amazed how wonderful arrangement for a similar dish we (Romanian) often make. I found many numerous variation, from few vegetables to many (ratatouille) arranged in the same manner…
I love the look of it and I love the taste.
I learn that TIAN is a pot.
"It is an earthenware vessel in Provence used both for cooking and serving. It is also the name of the dish prepared in it and baked in an oven.
Tian can be described as a gratin in the Provençal style".(Wikipedia,)
There are many english recipe of "eggplant tian" and I made a mix of them as fit my cooking style.
From the french video I took the ingredients:
• 2 pounds ripe, firm tomatoes, sliced thin
• 1 red torpedo onion, sliced thin
• ½ to ¾ pound zucchini, preferably mixed green and yellow, sliced thin (OPTIONAL)
• 1 long, thin eggplant, sliced thin
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
• ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
• 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, plus a few sprigs
• 2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, plus a few sprigsfew whole garlic cloves
My mom's recipe, (romanian): Se pune de cu seara 1kg smantana pe un servet, deasupra unei tavi cu malai. A doua zi dimineata...
Puff pastry dough is a very difficult dough, to make, it is labelled "FOR EXPERTS", to make. I am using a lot this dou...
Grilled skinless sausages, MITITEI (as called in Romania) with cold beer or fresh cider (=”mu...
When I saw this picture first time by: Susan Feniger and Mary Sue Milliken from: “City restaurant", Los Angeles, CA, I ...